Sayonara Ya Ramadan Kareem

It seems yesterday was the 1st day of Ramadan but no, Ramadan Kareem is nearly over. It is about to leave us with no promise that we might be meeting Ramadan again next year. A month is about to pass like a breeze as me still remember welcoming Ramadan with full of zest for this to be me best Ramadan ever...

Praise be to Allah who has granted me the opportunity to be in this blessed month of Ramadan - for me to do fasting and to do whatever good that me desires, to see to it that me get to practice what has been enjoined in the Quran and al-Hadith - the opportunity to uplift me discipline as a Muslim - to the best of me ability.

Praise be to Allah who has presented me with the prospect of absolving me countless sins through cleansing of me soul in this blessed month of Ramadan - either through nightly prayers or supplications or by reaching out to the poor and the orphans or simply reading verses from the holy Quran.

Praise be to Allah who has bestowed upon us this blessed month of Ramadan which is really a month full of forgiveness and mercy - if we care to seek His forgiveness and mercy...

Now you are about to go, ya Ramadan Al-Mubarak, leaving me still not really ready to let you go. Me wish you could stay longer to accompany me daily fasting and nightly prayers, how me wish everyday would be a Ramadan day...

Sayonara Ya Ramadan Kareem, you are ordained to be with us only once a year and hope the next time around we will meet again.......God willing, ameen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment