At Last You Made It!

Today is me very special day, which me would like to immortalize in this entry. For today is the very day that me been waiting for all these years - the day when me Along completed his study as a Doctor. Indeed this is your big day, Along, you really deserve it, after 6 long years of innumerable trials and tribulations, including being seriously sick and experiencing a magnitude 7.0 earthquakes, at last you made it to this day - your last day doing practical as a medical student! Now only the graduation ceremony is what separating you from being called Dr Along!

Me don't wish to brag about you or your achievements, only that me want to recall back those moments about 26 years ago when you were just a tiny little baby born to this world. Me still remember, a few days after you were born, how me lifted you high, firstly, looking at your tiny self and still not believing that me had become a father! Secondly, you being the first born, me naturally had high hope for you. Just like "Kunta Kinte" when he was lifted by his proud dad, me also raised you high towards the horizon while silently saying to meself, "O God, in me hands is me first born, me thus dedicate this baby to serving You and his community".

Now that you are about to enter the next phase of your life as a Doctor and a member of the community, me wish that you will always remember those moments when me had made covenant with God on you. So that you will always be the faithful servant of God while putting your finest efforts to serve your people and the community at large the way you know best.

Maybe this "news" of a covenant with God would shock or scare the living daylight out of you but me wish you will be responsible enough to be patient and to be steadfast in your commitment to do good to others. In doing so, me sure you will be rightly guided and in a way fulfilling me promise to dedicate you in the service of God as well...

Happy Ramadan al-Mubarak Dr. Along, may Allah always guide you and your younger brothers and sister, to His righteous path and bless your efforts to do good to others......Amen.

Complement to those not familiar with the film Roots - Kunta Kinte back in 1977, where he was lifted high by his father towards the end of this clip:

1 comments:

Syurga fakir dunia said...

Touched by thy fatherly loved... Guess all parents are like that.. wishing the best for their children.... hopefully they never forget you in their prayers

Post a Comment