Prayers for Me Pa

It was 33 years ago to this day that me Pa passed on to the next world. Every year, on the 31st day of January, for the past 33 years, me have always made it a point to allocate a few moments to remember me Pa who died on this day back in '77 at the "tender" age of 58. He would have been 91 years this year, if he is still around.

Me was then just completing me matriculation year in Australia and was a week away from returning to Australia at the end of me summer vacation when he passed away.

The thing that me remember most about Pa was his simple and unassuming ways going through life. He was the one man that was never in a hurry even though the challenges that he was facing were many as life back in the '50s and '60s was very tough when you quit your job and living in the village. Nonetheless, despite the great odds, Pa had managed to move on and successfully brought up his 9 children until what we are today.

To say the least, me and me siblings owed much to Pa for the many sacrifices that he (and Ma) had made in bringing us up and for that me could never be able to repay them except to extend me prayers and utmost gratitude to Allah swt for His blessings and hope the souls of both me parents were with those who received eternal sustenance from Him...Al-Fatihah...Ameen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment